My experience as a fertility nurse in bridging the gap for people of different cultures trying to conceive – Yemi Adegbile, Fertility Nurse Consultant, ABC, UK
This talk will present the following points:
• Understand the cultural and belief system of patients.
• Communication is key, both verbal and non-verbal.
• Be authentic.
Yemi Adegbile has worked as a fertility Nurse for more than 20 years. Her passion has always been raising awareness of the inequalities of access to Fertility treatment in the Ethnic Community. Yemi has spoken at church conferences, school events and have run workshops. She recently co- authored a book with Sheila Lamb “Infertility doesn’t Care about your Ethnicity” and is also a founder of a charity of FertilityOneStop.
Yemi is married with three adult children.
The new HFEA consent on Intra partner donation and shared motherhood Natalie Sutherland, Partner, Burgess Mee Family Law and a Trustee of PET, UK
This talk will cover:
• The new consent form relating to shared motherhood.
• The differences between donor and partner screening.
• Why the new form was brought in and the impact on patients.
Natalie Sutherland is a specialist family law solicitor and Partner at Burgess Mee Family Law. Burgess Mee have offices in Clapham, Hammersmith and Islington and is a Legal 500 recognised law firm.